Sunday, July 20, 2014

Black Cab Sessions: Lykke Li - "I'm Good, I'm Gone"




"The Black Cab Sessions" has been an underground YouTube video series that turned into a collaborative movement within the music community. Dozens of bands from Europe or just touring Europe, volunteer to shoot their own "Black cab session" video, wherein the band (or just part of the band) packs into a taxi cab and performs a song in the backseat, stripped down and acoustic. It's raw and features some excellent & well known artists along with relatively unknown  indie bands that Iv'e never listened to before. The video above is just one of my favorites - Lykke Li playing "I'm good, I'm gone". I especially like this one because they perform a creative, rough version of this song that they could perform while crammed into a back seat. Plus I'm a huge fan and if you're not a fan of Lykke Li yet; just watch the video above and you will be!

As we know, taxi cabs in Europe are black. In America, taxi cabs are all yellow and sure enough, there is an American adaptation of this cool idea, called "Ram Jam Episodes". It doesn't feature very many bands that I'm familiar with BUT that doesn't mean the bands aren't any good. It looks like a relatively new You Tube series so we'll see who else jumps on this viral bandwagon, but so far, I prefer the original European version.

You  can find & watch these videos on You Tube easily by searching either: "Black Cab Sessions" -OR- "Ram Jam Episodes" and be sure to watch the video above!

No comments:

Post a Comment