Sunday, October 26, 2014

"Let's Be Cops" - Movie Review



This was a good movie, but not quite what I expected. The previews for the film made it seem like a silly, easy-going, care-free comedy, but the whole "Cop" thing is taken very seriously in this movie. Especially by Jake Johnson's character; once he gets a taste of that power, he goes full steam ahead and buys a complete squad car as well as promoting himself to 'Sargent'. He pulls Damon Wayans Jr.'s character into being his "partner" and soon enough, they are in real danger and real shoot outs without any police training.

The two of them actually solve the case which includes corruption within the L.A.P.D.  but they have no way of doing anything with the evidence, I love Rob Riggle and he is the one that ends up saving their asses in the end. I thought this movie was going to be much funnier, especially considering it stars Jake Johnson and Damon Wayans Jr. They do make a great on-screen duo, I just expected more police pranks and I also expected them both to end up as REAL cops by the end of the movie. Instead, only Jake Johnson's character becomes a legitimate police officer. Meanwhile, Damon Wayans Jr.'s character releases a video game called "Patrol Man", based on their intense adventure as cops.

All in all, it was a good movie - just not what I expected. I give it a 7 /10.

No comments:

Post a Comment