Thursday, August 14, 2014

Tove Lo - "Habits (Stay High)"




This is my jam  right now! Actually, I've been listening to this debut album, "Truth Serum" by Tove Lo on repeat since I discovered this artist. Tove Lo is a Swedish pop singer making her debut in America. Tove Lo is the much shorter stage name for Tove Ebba Elsa Nilsson. The album is only 6 songs, but ALL 6 songs are awesome! Especially this track - I can relate to this song verbatim; I covered up my heartache over a failed relationship with all sorts of different substances. It's easy to keep it off your mind when you're high.

Plus other amazing tracks like, "I'm Not on Drugs", "Out of Mind", and "Over". It's a good, upbeat, party record with a touch of Ellie Goulding's sound, heavy similarities to Chvrches, and a little bit of Foxes. It is a well composed & put together EP that's good enough to be their debut album.

You certainly can't tell by listening to their music that she is from Sweden other than her name. Tove Lo is making a splash with the indie crowd and in pop music. So move over Lorde, here is the next big thing! (Plus I'm sick of that song, "Royals") I give this EP a 10 /10
That's the highest rating given to an EP on this blog and I  HIGHLY recommend everyone to check out Tove Lo in the video above!

No comments:

Post a Comment